Friday, November 18, 2005

Pope Benedict gives thumbs up to CBS mini-series on JPII

Pope blesses 'John Paul' TV movie
Reuters via Yahoo! News

By Peter Kiefer
2 hours, 4 minutes ago

ROME (Hollywood Reporter) - It was a meeting of Hollywood and the holy Thursday as the Vatican hosted the world premiere of the TV movie " Pope John Paul II" with Pope Benedict XVI in attendance.

The cavernous Paul VI Hall was near capacity with about 6,000 on hand for the reduced version of the two-part series that will air on December 4 and December 7 on CBS.

"I would like to extend my gratitude to the actors for honoring the memory of my illustrious and loved predecessor," the pope said following the screening. "Viewing this film has reopened my gratitude to God for providing us with a pope both so human and so spiritual. . . . I welcome the distribution of this film."
more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home