Sunday, May 21, 2006

As movie, "The Da Vinci Code," is a critical bomb; motivations of author, Dan Brown

New York Times

It's Not Just a Movie, It's a Revelation (About the Audience)
By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
Published: May 21, 2006

IT is only a movie, and now that the reviews are in, one that is very unlikely to get a Best Picture nomination.
more...

Godspy

My Lunch with an Old Friend of Dan Brown Proves Revealing About The DaVinci Code

Is Dan Brown a convinced heretic hell-bent on bringing down Christianity, or a hack writer who stumbled on a crackpot conspiracy theory on par with alien abductions, Holocaust denial, and lizard men?

By John Zmirak

I was sitting at lunch in New York City’s Olde Towne bar with a writing friend—someone who’s advising me on one of the future titles in my Bad Catholic’s series for Crossroad Publishing. We chewed clam strips and drank pints of Blue Point, leisurely batting back and forth ideas for yet more titles. At one point, I muttered something about Dan Brown’s The DaVinci Code as a piece of hate literature, on par with those anti-Semitic conspiracy books sold by Black Muslims on Times Square. I little suspected that my lunch partner knew Dan Brown.
more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home