Friday, March 27, 2009

03/27/2009 - Lent: Ending Well?

Today's Catholic Culture Insights from Dr. Jeff Mirus, President, Trinity Communications:

The details have been released for Pope Benedict's trip to the Holy Land in the second week of May. See the Full Schedule. In many ways it would have been wonderful if the Holy Father could have been there for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter itself. But his visit still reminds me that the time of Our Lord's death and Resurrection is drawing near.

A week from Sunday is Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion. (As the name suggests, there is quite a bit of compromise when trying to fit things into the Liturgical Calendar!) Palm Sunday is the Church's most solemn commemoration of the Passion short of the Sacred Triduum itself.
Now, since I listed so many papal talks in my last message, I don't have a great deal of new library material to mention today. So let me take advantage of the lull to remind everyone, including myself, that we have less than two weeks until the Sacred Triduum begins. Perhaps we can all keep the remainder of Lent more faithfully by considering in advance what is approaching:

Holy Thursday

Good Friday

Holy Saturday

Please also remember to visit the Lenten Workshop if you need further ideas about how you and your family can finish Lent well.

On a different note entirely, I return to the problem of apologetics in my weekly column, this time looking at the nature of Friendly Persuasion.
more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home