Monday, July 20, 2009

Pope thanks doctors, well-wishers for treatment, prayers

Jul-20-2009

By Catholic News Service

ROMANO CANAVESE, Italy (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI thanked the doctors who treated his broken wrist and thanked everyone who prayed and expressed their concern for him.

Before reciting the Angelus prayer in the town of Romano Canavese in northern Italy July 19, the pope greeted thousands of the faithful gathered outside the town's parish church, waving enthusiastically even though his right arm was encased in a plaster cast.

"As you can see, because of an accident, my mobility is a bit limited, but my heart is fully present," he assured the crowd.The pope traveled about 50 miles by helicopter and car from Les Combes, where he has been vacationing, to Romano Canavese, the hometown of his secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone."

I offer my heartfelt thanks to everyone -- and there are many of you -- who have demonstrated your closeness, your sympathy and your affection for me and who have prayed for me," he said."I especially want to thank the doctors and the medical staff who treated me with such diligence, compassion and friendship. As you can see, they were successful ... we hope they were successful," he said.
more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home